Digging around pool for leak

Aug 6, 2018
Indianapolis
Hi all,

I posted about this in another thread about trying to find a leak, and now I have sort of found it. I gently dug about around some of the plumbing and hit some standing water about 16" below the surface.

20200726_205841.jpg 20200726_205850.jpg

This is right under my concrete pool deck. The concrete pool deck is only 3 feet wide.

1.PNG

I'm planning to dig out a bit more and see if I can expose the plumbing a bit more and find the source of the leak. Still trying to narrow down if it is the skimmer, return, or main drain. We only have 1 of each.

Is it a bad idea to continue to dig? I figured it's a possibility that the concrete above my collapse a bit, but they are going to take that out anyways to get to the leak, so I suppose it wouldn't be awful. I'm more concerned about the pool wall potentially collapsing outward. I know the concern is usually having a pool wall collapse inward when it's drained, but i feel like it would be easy for it to collapse outward as well. Just not sure if I'm going to create a lot more problems for myself or not.

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.