Different type of Multi-valve gasket??

Mike mradw

Mar 12, 2020
Houston TX
A couple months ago, I was in this forum reading stuff that had to do with equipment upgrades. I came across a posting regarding spider gaskets & multi-valves in which a contributor referenced some type of multivalve that had its gasket material on the underside of the port-selector surface and how this setup was more durable and eliminated the hassles of changing out spider gaskets. I have searched high and low in the forum for the posting to no avail, certainly long enough to bail on that approach in favor of making this posting. Has anybody ever heard of such a multivalve and if so, who manufactures and/or sells it?? And yes, there exists the slight possibility I'm having a wild imagining and otherwise suffering from CRS....

JamesW

TFP Expert
Mar 2, 2011

spx0714ca.jpg

JamesW

TFP Expert
Mar 2, 2011
Note that the diverter goes to a specific multiport, which will probably not work with your filter.

If you're having issues with the spider gasket failing often, the problem is usually due to a nearby tab feeder.

What exact filter do you have?

Do you have a tab feeder?

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.