Didn’t water gunite for the first two days? Help

newpoolowner3

Feb 27, 2021
Roseville, CA
We are having our pool refinished, and three days ago we had a Cabo shelf poured. I was told to water it twice a day for three days to help it cure. On the first day, tile guys ended up being down in the pool all day, and it didn’t get thoroughly watered (although they did use water in there, as the gunite was wet after they left). Yesterday, we were out of the house for over 12 hours and it completely slipped my mind. (I have two babies, my husband is out of town, and I’m super sleep deprived, so I’ve had a hard time staying on top of details that don’t directly involve my kids.) I woke up in a panic this morning and immediately went out to water the Cabo shelf, and have been so upset thinking that I wrecked our pool project by not watering.

I don’t see any cracks yet — but have incompletely destroyed our pool??? Is it the kind of thing where I can start watering now and salvage this, or does the fact that I haven’t been watering for two days mean that it’s too late? Could cracks show up later? Please tell me that this is going to be ok...

Please tell me that this is going to be ok...
It will be OK>
This time of year the gunite shell will not cure very fast and thus the watering process, while important, is not as critical. And it sounds like what you have is not structural, but a fill in of an existing structure.

Welcome to the forum!

Reactions: newpoolowner3
Thank you for your response!! The pool is an existing structure, but the Cabo shelf is new — does that matter? Is it useful at all to start watering it now, or has a critical window passed?

It will be OK>
This time of year the gunite shell will not cure very fast and thus the watering process, while important, is not as critical. And it sounds like what you have is not structural, but a fill in of an existing structure.

Welcome to the forum!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.