Dichlor question

Aug 14, 2018
Delaware
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
So on the back of a bag of dichlor it stated.

"This product is neither a sanitizer not an algaecides"

That got me thinking. Are they saying this due the product being in this form prior to being added to the water? Because once added the cya goes up and as does FC. So my thinking is in the form it's in, in the bag itself is not a sanitizer, but once mixed into the water to create chlorine it's is then a sanitizer.

Am I correct in that thought?

I'm trying to get that information. I was told clorox vinyl pool shock.

I'm not using it, someone else made a comment about it to me about it saying it's not a sanitizer. I do have a pic from them where it says it in the back of the bag but not a front pic. I'm waiting on that.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1563303107213.jpg
    FB_IMG_1563303107213.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 14
Well that's weird. I suppose there's a reason for it, perhaps that people should not be using it as a sanitizer or that they would have to label it differently if it were sold as a "sanitizer". EPA rules are odd with pool chemicals and I don't fully understand the nuances of them. However it is chlorine so it will act to sanitize a pool, whether it is labeled as "sanitizer" or not.

Well that's weird. I suppose there's a reason for it, perhaps that people should not be using it as a sanitizer or that they would have to label it differently if it were sold as a "sanitizer". EPA rules are odd with pool chemicals and I don't fully understand the nuances of them. However it is chlorine so it will act to sanitize a pool, whether it is labeled as "sanitizer" or not.
That was my thought. Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.