Diamond Brite Fading

mzullo

Jan 7, 2020
Plantation, FL
Hi, we are getting estimates to Diamond Brite our pool and one person stated that if we went with a color that was not standard and dye was used, there is a possibility of it fading because of chlorine. When I called the company that supplies the Diamond Brite, they said it is not dye but a different pigment (which seems like a dye to me). I was curious on anyone's thoughts. I have heard that it may be a good idea to switch to a saltwater pool to prevent the fading. Thanks in advance

Reactions: mzullo
Do note that your comment about switching to saltwater to avoid fading is not fact based. A saltwater pool contains chlorine just like one without a SWG. The only difference is how the chlorine is added (electrolysis vs. manual addition). So whatever the mechanism that causes plasters to fade, it won't be affected by your method of adding chlorine.

But for the key point, Matt has you covered above.

Reactions: mzullo
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.