Dewenwils with Hayward dual speed pump

skinnamon

Oct 30, 2021
Jacksonville, FL
I am attempting to automate myself and have used many of your comments and tutorials to help me along the way. Thank you for that. I have successfully automated low speed, but I have yet to accomplish getting high speed to work with my Hayward dual speed pump. Am I wiring it wrong? Right now when I switch on the high speed button the pump just tries, really hard, to start on high, but nothing. It just makes a loud sound. Low speed works fine and is already set up to come on and off.

The pump did run on low only, for about two weeks, when I was taking a break instead of smashing it with a sledge hammer. JK. Today I tried hooking up the second Dewenwils timer. Could the high speed could have stopped working coincidentally at the same time or am I wired wrong?

Below is what I had and the three other pics are what I am trying to convert to. There are three pics of the convert-to timers; both sides and close ups of left and right. The left is the low speed timer, the right is the high speed timer.

Thank you for any advice.

20211114_113300.jpg20211120_162119.jpg20211120_162123.jpg20211120_162126.jpg

skinnamon

Oct 30, 2021
Jacksonville, FL
I figured it out! I just needed to put the blue wire (low speed) to NC (normally closed). When the low (the left timer) is running the low speed circuit iss closed, thereby "on." When the high speed is activated (right timer) the low speed needs to be open (AKA "off").

What I had wired before was to have high speed on when low speed was also on. That was causing the pump to be, obviously, confused.

20211121_090745.jpg

Reactions: mknauss