Deep end built too shallow (2 feet off, Gunite); what are our options going to be?

Hello. Looking for some advice and guidance. We are building a Gunite pool and they shot the Gunite on Friday. I noticed the deep end didn’t seem that deep today when I was watering the pool and measured; it’s 6 feet instead of 8 feet deep. Super upset. How can this be remedied without impacting the structural integrity of the pool, aside from ripping it all out and starting over?
Exactly where and how is the depth documented in your contract documents? Do you have a depth profile drawing that is very clear/unambiguous about what the various depths should be across the profile, and does it say that they are water depth measurements? I got messed over by my builder on a shorter depth too, and it was very frustrating. In my case, I had a profile that showed 9 feet in deep end, and I ended up with the water anywhere from 6 to 12 inches too shallow depending on where the measurement was taken - it was very clearly their mistake. The pool still met the requirements for a diving pool luckily, but it wasn't what I contracted for. And if it didn't qualify for diving, I would have halted the whole project until it was somehow corrected, and maybe I should have done that anyway! There was a monetary allowance offered in my case.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.