Deck/landscaping ideas

sujatarao

Aug 4, 2020
Woodland Hills, CA
Hello! I just wanted to share my 13' 11" x 8' 2" x 39.5" Bestway Power Steel Oval Frame set up. Does anyone have any suggestions on building a deck or improving this set up in any way? My main goal is to hide the sides of the pool. Is there a cost effective way to do this?

Also, has anyone had any luck mounting the solar heater on the right side of the picture up on a wall? I feel like it's too heavy to be above the ground but I'd love to get it out of the way a bit.

IMG_4519.jpg

With the smaller solar panel (it looks like you have) I think you could make a platform on top of your fence to mount in with a couple legs angled back to the base of the fence to be out of the way. Like your looking down the fence and at the top in red would be the platform with solar panel on top. Also depends on how long your hoses are.

Jason, it's Al, looking good on the decking.

solar.jpg

Here's what I did or I'm doing. Taking a break from it and just trying to enjoy the summer in the pool!
Wow - really nice start. That is actually what I'd like to do as well. How are you going to maintain access to where the hoses connect to the pool?

The other thing I've been looking into is a 6 x 6 porch deck type thing right in front of it. Since this pool is on the smaller side - I want something that I could adapt to a larger pool if I upgrade.

Last edited:
With the smaller solar panel (it looks like you have) I think you could make a platform on top of your fence to mount in with a couple legs angled back to the base of the fence to be out of the way. Like your looking down the fence and at the top in red would be the platform with solar panel on top. Also depends on how long your hoses are.

Jason, it's Al, looking good on the decking.

Good idea! Thanks!

Why'd you take out the pool!?! Ha, looks great. Built well. Gotta bring the rail down the steps, though, if you don't mind me sayin'...

That looks really nice! But yeah, these old bones would need a rail on the steps!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.