Deck joint

May 6, 2016
Florida
Hi,

My in ground pool was built 2 years ago and I have a concrete deck. I recently noticed that one side of the pool has no expansion joint between the slab and the coping. So far, I have had no cracks, but I am concerned it could crack the pool. Shall I cut an expansion joint at this point, or shall I consider that if I haven't had any issue so far, it should be ok ? What would you do ?
I am in Florida, lowest temp around 32F.
Thanks.

Welcome to TFP!

How wide is the deck in that area? And what is on the other side of it? If it isn't too wide and doesn't butt up against a non-movable surface on the other side then I am inclined to leave it since there have been no issues, you don't freeze and probably have sandy, fairly well draining soil.

Thanks.

It's about 4 feet, then I have a drain, then another 4 feet to another concrete slab, then a joint and another 4 feet of concrete. (hope it makes sense).
So I guess I have enough joints that it can expand to ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.