Debating on converting to a SWG

YetiAsr

Bronze Supporter
Dec 7, 2016
Pflugerville,Tx
I currently have all Hayward products and debating on converting due to the great responses about salt pools on this website. I have Hayward E command HPC 4 control panel for automation that has a hook up for Aqua Rite SWG. I have the ability to control SWG output through my control panel(percentage). So to my question....the Aqua Rite systems all seem to come with another control panel, is that necessary, or can i just use my controller , hate adding another box to the side of my house but if I must I will. Thanks for the help

I don't know what you will decide, and getting one is fine because they do work. But they have disadvantages too that aren't always talked about here. For optimum performance and minimal maintenance, water chemistry becomes more of a concern, more so where there is hard alkaline water. There is upfront and replacement cost, and cost to run the pump enough. This can vary to the point of non significance depending on your equipment. Its best to get a salt test kit and use it because there are often (enough) issues with them reading salt levels correctly. The plates need cleaning more or less frequently depending on usage and water chemistry. I only mention all this in fairness because for me, they arent the end all be all.

Many, many people feel the advantages of SWG greatly outweigh issues associated from hauling, adding, and or automating Bleach feed, but not for me. If my circumstances were different say, a very large pool, and or lots of time away from home, I might well consider one. Just food for thought, and another opinion as there really isn't a wrong choice getting one or not.

Yeah I'm still in decision mode Patrick, I am very OCD when it comes to the pool but the thought of a pool with less maintence is intriguing. Even though my pool is 3 months new keeping the water chemistry in balance hasn't been NEAR as hard as anticipated(thank goodness). My reasoning in possibly buying a SWG is even if I break even with the purchase of the SWG compared to all the liquid chlorine I'll end up buying during the hot summer months over time, it's a win once the SWG is dialed in. From my understanding once it's dialed in the tests can be pulled back some and adding liquid chlorine will be majorly slowed down ......... I think :D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.