Dead algae coating the liner only when filter is running?

Poolsnotmygame

Apr 25, 2019
Massapequa, NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
My pool was easily cleared this year. I kept the filter running 24/7 and brushing away dirt/algae toward the drain. It keeps coming back. Primarily building up around the return jets and steps but always a fine blanket throughout the pool. I turned off the filter to see what the case would be and it seems the algae is just blanketing the pool when the filter is running. Question is, should I replace the sand in the filter its been more than 5 seasons. Is it a standpipe and lateral issue possibly or do I just have to keep the filter going continuously still and keep brushing? It doesn't seem to be filtering the dead algae out.

Sand isn't the issue. Algae will not go away unless the precise amount of chlorine is applied and maintained. That is key. Follow the SLAM Process to the letter by using your TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C test kit and you'll get rid of the algae once and for all.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.