DE leakage

jon2ly

Jun 7, 2021
Paso Robles, CA
I am frustrated. I have a Sta-Rite System3 filter model S7MD60 72 sq. Ft. Filtration area that takes 11 pounds DE. The filter element is 5 years old and has always worked well, but recently it pumps DE into the pool. I have noticed the pentax air bleed assembly is clogged with DE. I have replaced it plus the filter O-ring and visually checked the filter cartridge for leaks but can’t find any. At this point, I’m ready to replace the filter, but it’s pretty costly. Has anyone had similar problems and found a solution other than filter replacement?

I am frustrated. I have a Sta-Rite System3 filter model S7MD60 72 sq. Ft. Filtration area that takes 11 pounds DE. The filter element is 5 years old and has always worked well, but recently it pumps DE into the pool. I have noticed the pentax air bleed assembly is clogged with DE. I have replaced it plus the filter O-ring and visually checked the filter cartridge for leaks but can’t find any. At this point, I’m ready to replace the filter, but it’s pretty costly. Has anyone had similar problems and found a solution other than filter replacement?
Do you have a multiport valve?
If so, it could need a new spider gasket.

Reactions: mystie3k
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.