DE getting into pool

Murray16

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Mar 30, 2016
Baltimore, MD
Hello,

I have a Jandy DE filter similar to this one I found in a thread about cleaning a DE filter

The O-ring at the top of the tube is stretched out on mine and doesn't give a good seal. I have a new one on order, but haven't received it yet.

Do you think a bad seal on this could cause DE to get into the pool?

I'm going on the second year for the pool and I backwashed once last year and took the grid out and hosed it off probably 3 times last year. When I opened this year, I vacuumed alot of the stuff that got under the cover in the winter and took the grid out and cleaned it before I left town for a few weeks. I didn't notice any ripped elements so I'm hoping that's not the issue.

I used to work on pools 25 years ago when I was 20 years old and thought I knew what I was doing, but after finding this site and reading many of the other posts I realized I hardly knew anything. This is a great site, thanks to all.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.