DE Filter recommendation

schreibman

Mar 26, 2017
Plano
I'm looking for a recommendation to replace my DE filter.
I have a 16k gal inground plaster pool currently with a Pentair FNS 60 PLUS VERTICAL GRID D.E. FILTER, a Pentair Multiport SM20-2 valve and a 1.5 hp motor.

My main issue with not wanting to stay with the Pentair is that the grids are constantly getting tears, from small holes to rips, and have to be replaced on a regular basis.

Any thoughts?

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX
S,

My thought is why DE???

I have two rent houses that have DE filters.. When I built a pool at my house, DE was all I knew.. I was really disappointed when I found out that I had to use a large cartridge filter, because of City rules. Now, 7 years later, I can see the light.. :mrgreen:

Now I can't wait until my DE filters die, so I can replace them with large cartridge filters.. I clean my cartridge filter twice a year.. I could go a whole year if I wanted.

No more messing with DE, no backwash or MPV valve, dirt simple plumbing, low filter pressure. Cartridges should last 10 years or more.

That said, the two Hayward DE filters that I do have, have not had any grid issue.. One is about 10 years old, the other is about 7 or 8 years old...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This is an inactive thread. Any new postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. You will get much more visibility by Starting A New Thread