East Hampton NY
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I have a Hayward DE4820 filter/ I just relieved my pool company from its service contract and I am becoming ming familiar with the equipment myself. One thing I just noticed is that the pressure gauge reads zero on my DE filter. Intelliflo pump seems to work fine, along with SWG and everything else. Pool water is very clear, though I have been SLAMing for 6 days and cannot pass the overnight FC loss test.

How significant is the broken filter gauge? Should I just backwash and refill DE? Is gauge easy to replace, or might something be off causing it to show zero (it looks busted showing max, as opposed to zero)? Photo attached

Attachments

• IMG_3551.jpeg
    IMG_3551.jpeg
    361 KB · Views: 4

Rancho Cost-a-Lotta

Silver Supporter
Apr 10, 2018
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
The needle is on the wrong side of the stop pin at zero. If you take the gauge off and gently hit the face against your hand a few times, the needle may move to the other side.

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX
P,

If you are in the middle of a SLAM the gauge is a big deal.. How do know when to backwash. If you have algae, it should clog up a DE filter about once a day... :scratch:

The gauge just unscrews.. I use one from TF-test kits... I like it because it only goes to 30 lbs. and won't freeze in the winter..

Thanks,

Jim R.

pgershon

Gold Supporter
Jul 15, 2012
East Hampton NY
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Very minimal visible algae, if any. But still losing small amount FC overnight

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX
P,

What is the starting FC at night and what is the FC in the morning?

SWG is off correct?

Thanks,

Jim R.

pgershon

Gold Supporter
Jul 15, 2012
East Hampton NY
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
We passed overnight FC test today. Yesterday FC was 14 at night and 12 in AM. Today FC was 15 at night and 14.5 in AM. In the meantime I recharged the DE. Looks like the prior service company did not fill filter or released DE during a backwash without refilling as barely any DE came out when I backwashed. I did refill with 80% of the recommended amount. I ordered a new gauge. The one I have is shot. Zero reading is 60 and when it gets a reading, gets stuck at the pin.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This is an inactive thread. Any new postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. You will get much more visibility by Starting A New Thread