Dazed and Confused…

Tallfellow

Mar 30, 2022
Wappingers Falls, NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
I bought a house with a 26,000 gallon in ground pool that had been abandoned for 7 years. Over the last two years I’ve had the pool renovated. The filter was good the ground lines were good, the walls were reconstructed, the liner has been replaced, and last year we filled it with water.

However my pool guy has been a disaster and so this year I am taking control of the situation myself.

I have a few problems to deal with and I am hoping to find the help I need here to have a pool we can enjoy this year.

Tony

I am taking control of the situation myself.
Best pool decision you could make. :goodjob: Keep the link below handy as it contains great info. As always, be sure to have a proper test kit, either a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C. Let us know if you have any questions. Welcome to TFP! :wave:

Reactions: Mdragger88
Hey tallfellow and Welcome !!! We got you now. Read up and ask away at anytime. :)

Trust me, this site will get ya where you need to go. Also, you can't read too much on here. I have spent a lot of time wrapping my brain around concepts on this site. They will have your back.

So I perhaps over stated the positives of the situation. I was running the filter, 24/7 for most of the fall and I was losing water out of the pool at a pretty significant rate, 1-2 inches or more of water a day. I have two skimmers and a drain on the deep end and my concern is that somewhere in the piping I'm losing water. With the pump off, no problem, water level seems stable. My deep end is about 9ft and using a shop vac, I was never able to blow out that line. Perhaps this needs to be a new topic?