Day 3 PEA SOUP

I wanted to update the forum in case anyone had a similar experience. After we added 5 qts of Metal Magic to a 40000 in ground pool the paper filters eventually picked up most of the metal. I changed and cleaned the filters. There was red/green sentiment present. Lots of it. Our water is currently 7.5 pH and clear.

I wanted to update the forum in case anyone had a similar experience. After we added 5 qts of Metal Magic to a 40000 in ground pool the paper filters eventually picked up most of the metal. I changed and cleaned the filters. There was red/green sentiment present. Lots of it. Our water is currently 7.5 pH and clear.
You would drain a pool of this size as a last resort

Just adding to the great advice you already have been given. That is iron in your water and it is not "completely fixed" The sequestrant has turned it into a soluble (invisible) form but the iron is still there.

Copper usually manifests as VERY dark Blue or almost black stain on the pool surfaces. I am not aware of copper turning the water a clear green

Reactions: Grey2175
Just adding to the great advice you already have been given. That is iron in your water and it is not "completely fixed" The sequestrant has turned it into a soluble (invisible) form but the iron is still there.

Copper usually manifests as VERY dark Blue or almost black stain on the pool surfaces. I am not aware of copper turning the water a clear green
How do I have iron if I have not added water?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You probably have some iron in your fill water. Over time the iron level slowly built up in your pool but remained soluble so you couldn't see it and didn't know it was there. When you added the chlorine for your SLAM the sudden change likely caused the iron to oxidize and make your water appear green.

Reactions: Grey2175
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.