Day 23 of SLAM, what gives?

Windylou

Silver Supporter
May 11, 2017
Groveton, Tx
Are you testing at the EXACT same spot of your pool every time?

I experimented with different locations and confirmed my test results will differ because the pool is not a perfectly mixed container...there are high/low spots based on circulation
Sort of, there are 2 main spots I pull the water from simply out of convenience. We’re having a deck built, so it’s just easier on the two sides that are standing now. I hadn’t considered that, but it does make perfect sense. Wanda came in yesterday so I got her hooked up & let her run for about an hour last night. Forgot to test water, I got up this am & there sits my cup of pool water on the counter from last night. I will test new water this am, if it still seems good, I’ll start trying to raise the cya this evening & finally get my salt cell going.

Reactions: NorCalX

Windylou

Silver Supporter
May 11, 2017
Groveton, Tx
I am beyond grateful for all of the help here! Didn’t get the salt cell going tonight, it’s just been a busy week. Tested the water this am, then again a few minutes ago. The only thing done to the pool today was Wanda(my new best friend). My daughter hooked her up for about an hour & a half today. Bright, sunshiney day.... So my question is how do I have these test results???
7am: FC 14 CC .5 CYA 50
9pm: FC 14 CC 0 CYA 50
How have I not lost more chlorine with my CYA so low? No complaints, I’m just forcing myself to learn a little more about the chemistry this year. *Disclosure* My powder reagent is from last year, but the solution I just got in last week. Sorry, I don’t have the reagent numbers memorized!