Date Pentair Triton II TR-100 Manufactured?

Earthman Bob

Bronze Supporter
Mar 25, 2019
Long Island
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
I'm looking to purchase an air relief strainer for our filter, but the model that fits is determined by the date that the filter was manufactured--either before or after 1999.

Is that something that can be ascertained from the label below?

What would be the impact of not having a strainer on the air relief tube? Just found that this was missing.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Pool Filter Label Triton II.jpg
    Pool Filter Label Triton II.jpg
    565.2 KB · Views: 4
Pentair acquired PacFab (1999) which had previously acquired Purex Pool Products and American Products.

If it was after 1999, it would probably say Pentair.

Based on the pump motor label, the date is probably close to 1992.

1629228601428.png
1629228641072.png
Those labels are not reliable.

This tag is punched "09" but it is probably from 1989.

1629228846009.png
1629229164509.png
My guess is June 1993.

Reactions: Earthman Bob
Pentair acquired PacFab (1999) which had previously acquired Purex Pool Products and American Products.

If it was after 1999, it would probably say Pentair.

Based on the pump motor label, the date is probably close to 1992.

View attachment 365262
View attachment 365263
Those labels are not reliable.

This tag is punched "09" but it is probably from 1989.

View attachment 365264
View attachment 365267
My guess is June 1993.
Isn't that interesting. I never even noticed it said PAC FAB vs Pentair! :giggle: I'm going to open it up and measure the tube for good measure. Thanks for the help!

Reactions: JamesW

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Did you replace the multiport?

Is it working ok?
James-- I did! I was going to post that on the other thread, but since you asked, yes, it's working great! I might still be getting some sand in the pool, but not sure yet. Have to run it a bit more to know. If so, I'll check the laterals.

Here's the new setup. I've got a slight drip on the line going to the pump, despite thoroughly coating the threads with Permatex. I'm going to cut that line (on the left), put in a union in the event of future mishaps, and use T plus 2 when I rethread it.

Thanks for your detective work and help on that. I would NEVER have figured it out if you didn't spot that. And if you see that I did something else wrong, let me know :)

Attachments

• Shows New Pool Multiport Install 8-21.jpg
    Shows New Pool Multiport Install 8-21.jpg
    485.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Shows New Pool Multiport Install 2 8-21.jpg
    Shows New Pool Multiport Install 2 8-21.jpg
    714.4 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: JamesW
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.