Dallas Pool Build **update with final pool pics**

For sure, I am all about him making a living. But he did this with my dad too so it might be his way of doing business .... its not like his bid was super cheap, and there are some costs to doing business.

My biggest frustration is the initial quote on the dig, then the moving of equipment... I feel like those things should be easy to forecast given his experience building pools.

If he did this with your Dad why did you expect something different?

Reactions: GDN
Moving the equipment is a change order. Change orders almost always cost ya.

So I don't mind him putting the equipment where he initially quoted, however he wants to move it to make it easier for him, and while the gas and electric run is longer, he will have a shorter run for all the PVC since it the equipment is closer to the pool.

In fact the new location is in eyesight of our back patio, and the other two PB's both were ok with putting equipment against the wall.

I think the wall he prefers (the side of my house that the gas is on) has windows that he says won't meet code (I brought that up during the quote process on why this side of the house vs the other side) the other PBs wanted to place it on the side of my house that has electrical

What rooms are by the side of the house the equipment will go? A pool pump can be noisy. Best not to put it near bedrooms or offices.

Windows can be a code issue if you have a heater, especially gas.

D,

I would not put a heater by a window, but if you can hear a pool pump outside your window, then you just have the wrong pump. My pool pump is about 6 feet away from my sleeping head and the only way for me to tell if it is running is to go out and look at it.

Thanks,

Jim R.

So I do think the window is a code issue, and I mentioned it to him during the bid process.

I will talk to him and explain how I feel and see what he says, its likely that he may see my perspective. I have been really on top of things, his progress checks are ready before he asks for them, etc.

If the bill for the "flashing" isn't too high and he doesn't charge for the equipment movement (being closer to the pool may save some money over the gas, etc)

thanks everyone

So our "flashed" pool still ended up having the walls collapse under the steel. Seems like they missed where our drain was not capped off and all the water from the lawn went into the shell of the pool. They are now digging it out and placing plywood behind the steel to make the "frame" again.

I couldnt upload images since they are too large on my iPhone but will do when I get home.

Thanks everyone

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So our "flashed" pool still ended up having the walls collapse under the steel. Seems like they missed where our drain was not capped off and all the water from the lawn went into the shell of the pool. They are now digging it out and placing plywood behind the steel to make the "frame" again.

I couldnt upload images since they are too large on my iPhone but will do when I get home.

Thanks everyone
My phones files would still be too large even with HDR and Live turned off. I would email them to myself so I could make them smaller.

Sorry to say, this sounds like a typical pool build most anywhere, especially Dallas. We built almost 6 years ago and had major delays due to rain. It was still completed in about 6 months however.

I don't have a lot to add other than from one of your very first posts, I'm 99% sure there was no city inspection after the dig. The first inspection doesn't come until after the rebar is in. I'm in the city of Dallas and Dallas County. If there was a required inspection you will have a green, yellow or red tag.

There is also a city web site you can look up permits, search by address https://developdallas.dallascityhall.com/Default.aspx?PossePresentation=SearchForAddresses. It will list the trades that are part of the build and will have completion checks after they get their green tag. I believe we had an inspection after rebar, after plumbing electrical and maybe a final. Been too long, I don't have all the tags.

Thank you I will message my builder.
Mine waited on our tanning ledge and step tile until right before plaster. His logic was that he didnt want any of the other trades to knock the tiles off as they were doing the plumbing, coping, decking, etc. Good luck, it looks like you will be ready just in time for swim season.

Reactions: Krysib
Mine waited on our tanning ledge and step tile until right before plaster. His logic was that he didnt want any of the other trades to knock the tiles off as they were doing the plumbing, coping, decking, etc. Good luck, it looks like you will be ready just in time for swim season.
We are so excited. My five year old saw him and asked if the pool would be ready for his birthday in April.
I think maybe that helped ? Who can say no to a five year old 🤷🏽‍♂️

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.