Dallas Pool Build **update with final pool pics**

I did salt finish. Haven't noticed any issues with excessive dirt buildup in the pock marks. Would do it again. I like that it is an imperfect finish.

--Jeff

Sure thing. Here's a few I just took. Deck was poured early January of 2020. So pushing a year and a half old. I don't ever wash it down. Just let mother nature take care of it.

--Jeff

Attachments

• Salt finish 1.JPG
    Salt finish 1.JPG
    342.2 KB · Views: 111
  • Salt finish 2.JPG
    Salt finish 2.JPG
    305.8 KB · Views: 111
  • Salt finish 3.JPG
    Salt finish 3.JPG
    352 KB · Views: 110
  • Salt finish 4.JPG
    Salt finish 4.JPG
    359.9 KB · Views: 111
IMG_2668.JPG
Here is an update on where we are on the pool, I know I haven't been the best at images... but we are excited its coming along, lots of deck for us to enjoy ... we are deciding pool safety now and finalizing deck

Fingers crossed on equipment if we can get Hayworth or whatever is possible we will take it ... our PB told me that he is no longer taking on new customers or quoting pools until things are a bit caught up (not sure if that is just lip service)

View attachment 330080
Here is an update on where we are on the pool, I know I haven't been the best at images... but we are excited its coming along, lots of deck for us to enjoy ... we are deciding pool safety now and finalizing deck

Fingers crossed on equipment if we can get Hayworth or whatever is possible we will take it ... our PB told me that he is no longer taking on new customers or quoting pools until things are a bit caught up (not sure if that is just lip service)
When are they pouring the concrete?

Do you have an eta on when they expect to finish up?

My arbor starts tomorrow. They are doing exterior cleanup next week. I hope they can do decking the week after. Mid June is a rough estimate on when mine should wrap up.

Pretty sure anyone trying to start the process now is looking at Jan or later for completion.

We are going to have concrete by next week and then clean up and sprinkler repair. The equipment is an unknown... if we get it by the end of the month I would be SHOCKED, I think July is when we will see equipment, until then I will be watering the Gunite on a more consistent basis...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just a quick update... we are still waiting for the rain to stop to pour concrete .. it stops raining for two days but the builder told me it needs to be dryer...

I purchased all my equipment and valves on eBay and Leslies to avoid waiting for him since it’s highly unlikely he will get my equipment on time

Reactions: TexasTomKat
Hey guys, hopefully someone will be able to see these and respond.

We gunited in March and there has ALWAY been water in the bottom of the shell, this is the first time it had dried and we noticed these cracks.

Also the coping has this really weird weathering, I am wondering if this is something normal while installing? Will this come back to "life" ... I was told when they first installed it they would buff and seal this, but at this point I have very little to no communication from my builder and whenever we do talk its not very productive to say the least.

Progress is that most of the equipment is placed.

We are waiting on lights and electrical, plaster inspection, final plumbing hook up, and plaster.

Not hopefully we will have a pool until end of July at the rate this is going ...

IMG_3782.JPGIMG_3775.JPG

can you scratch them off? Are you going to do a top coat or spraydeck?
They are supposed to do a matte coating on the concrete, the subcontractor looked a bit surprised when they mentioned we are doing overlay and said that the drains were not setup for that.

I think what they did is a very thin layer of concrete on the overlay to make it somewhat match (not a perfect match) since they messed up on it.

I am waiting, the guy works at a snails pace, one sub at a time and long periods of no activity while waiting.

Very frustrating/ frustrated.

I have the following left,
Concrete - matte coating
Final gas connect/ final plumbing
Inspection for plaster
Plaster
Hookup all wifi/ setup
Landscape

So we are finally at plaster, they did not have our plaster in stock (I even drove to noble to see what was up). We switched to Diamond Reef by Noble ( Diamond Reef - Noble Tile Supply - Pool Tile | Coping | Finishes)

Our goal was to be swimming in June, and we wanted a medium blue, but we went with the light blue in hopes that we will enjoy it and not have super hot water in August (which can happen in DFW)

Can wait to fill and get water going on it.

They are acid washing it, it looks a little greenish compared to the picture, I am assuming it is due to the face that they just installed it.

Attachments

• image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    399.4 KB · Views: 83
  • image1 (1).jpeg
    image1 (1).jpeg
    213 KB · Views: 80
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    513 KB · Views: 82
  • image0 (1).jpeg
    image0 (1).jpeg
    476 KB · Views: 84

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.