Ferndale, MI
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I didn't test enough last year, though my pool stayed really lovely looking. I have been committed to testing regularly this year and so far have pretty much daily been testing pH and FC. I don't test much of anything else though, I figure if my FC stays good it means i have enough salt, and I don't see the reason to test CH and TA, will they change since my first test? CYA stays pretty stable all season and again, if my FC stays good I feel like it's in a good place.

Emily once you have stable numbers for your pool there should be no need for daily testing. I test FC and pH about twice a week now that my SWG is dialed in. The other chems are tested monthly just to keep an eye on things. Exceptions to this are if I find a critter of some sort in my skimmers, heavy swim loads from having folks over, extreme rain or if I backwash pool or clean filter. This is my take on things and it seems to be working well but your mileage may vary :)

Here is a good link: Basic Pool Care Schedule

The "hardest" thing I found when I switched to taking care of my own pool was "second guessing" myself :(. AFTER I stopped that, this is the BEST way to maintain your pool!!!

I test my FC every couple of days and PH once a week (or after a HEAVY rain). But, I know to add 15oz of chlorine per day because of an average of what my pool needs (after finding my "Sweet Spot")

You have control over your pool ... TRUST yourself!!! Good Luck!!!

The "hardest" thing I found when I switched to taking care of my own pool was "second guessing" myself :(. AFTER I stopped that, this is the BEST way to maintain your pool!!!

I test my FC every couple of days and PH once a week (or after a HEAVY rain). But, I know to add 15oz of chlorine per day because of an average of what my pool needs (after finding my "Sweet Spot")

You have control over your pool ... TRUST yourself!!! Good Luck!!!

I have an SWG so I've been testing chlorine so I know where to keep my SWG setting. I test pH because I do have to add acid every few days, so I don't want it to get too high and not realize it.

Doing GREAT!!! As I said, TRUST yourself. As long as your numbers are where they should be. It's a tough call when everything looks perfect and you say "I only added a cup of chlorine (or bleach) and I must be missing something ... this can't be right!!! LOL it IS!!!
ENJOY :D

P.S. If TA is a bit high, your PH will settle down as you lower it!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.