Bronze Supporter
Jul 6, 2021
Fredericksburg TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
New pool owner: I have a Pentair Easytouch control 4 with a Pentair intelliflo VSF pump. Every morning I receive alerts on the Screen logic app indicating the pump has lost communication and there is a power outage. On the Easytouch pannel, the red LED over the F button is out. I can "reset" the pump, by pushing the F button on the Easytouch panel, the led turns on and the pump works fine, until the next morning. I have attached how the control is wired. I am thinking that the pump is wired to the relay and it should not be according to threads on TFP. I would appreciate any assistance in learning if the pump is wired incorrectly. Thank you.
Easytouch01.JPG

You are correct. Your pump is wired to the LOAD 1 and LOAD 2 screws of the filter pump relay and should be wired to the LINE 1 and LINE 2 screws to give it continous power.

Turn off the power to the ET and pump CB and move the wires so you have 2 wires under each LINE screws.

You are correct. Your pump is wired to the LOAD 1 and LOAD 2 screws of the filter pump relay and should be wired to the LINE 1 and LINE 2 screws to give it continous power.

Turn off the power to the ET and pump CB and move the wires so you have 2 wires under each LINE screws.
thank you so much AJW22! Where are the line 1 & 2 terminals located? I take it I need to relocate the two black wires on the pump relay?

thank you so much AJW22! Where are the line 1 & 2 terminals located? I take it I need to relocate the two black wires on the pump relay?

Move the two black wires under the first screw and the two red wires under the third screw.

Easytouch01.JPG

Thanks AJW22! Just so I am clear, the black wires both go to the first screw and both the red wires go to the third screw? So two wires can be attached to one screw?

Thanks AJW22! Just so I am clear, the black wires both go to the first screw and both the red wires go to the third screw? So two wires can be attached to one screw?

Yup, put the wires to the left and right of the screw head and tighten the screw onto the wires.

Please help. I relocated moved the wires as suggested, and the pump works fine.....except it still does not follow the schedule. I have has a schedule set in the EasyTouch to turn the pump on at 7:00 AM and off at 10:00 AM and turn on again at 3:00 PM, and shut off at 9:00 PM. I checked the time on the Easytouch and it is set correctly.

Prior to relocating the wires, the pump would not start in the morning, but I was getting power outage alerts every morning on the screen logic app. After I would start the pump manually through the screen logic app, it would follow the remaining schedule until the next morning, where once again, I would get a power outage alert.

After relocating the pump wires as suggested, I did not get a power outage alert, (yea!) but alias the pump did not turn as scheduled at 7:00AM. I turned it on manually through the screen logic app, but the pump has not followed the remaining schedule at all today.

I am at a loss to get this pump running properly. Thanks for any advice.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am so sorry for some reason I did not see your post until today. I figured it out from an older post of yours, I had the Easytouch in the service mode - total nubie mistake. Thanks again for your help,

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.