My CYA is about 50. Maintaining somewhere between 6-8 FC, with about a 3ppm loss per day (full sun in TX). I've seen several posts asking if certain levels of FC are too high, and the response is always that you can bring FC up to shock level and still swim safely. So if that is true, my question is: why not put several days worth of chlorine/bleach in the pool and avoid daily readings/additions? Obviously with a pool party or a big rainfall I'd need to take an extra reading...but with normal usage and predictable FC loss, why is a daily addition recommended?