D.E. Filter plugs up.

Jun 26, 2017
NY
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I can’t seem to get my pool water clear I have slammed the water doesn’t look green but the water is still cloudy I ran the pump to recirculate and the f.c. level doesn’t drop .5 over night and c.c is less then .5 ph is 7.2. The problem is if I turn the pump on to filter. The grids seem to plug up in about 3 hrs. The pressure goes up and the pump basket gets low on water. Is my only option a water exchange?

Post a complete set of test results.

FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA
Water Temp

What test kit do you have? How old are the reagents?

A water exchange is not going to fix your algae problem.

If you have cloudy water, that is a sign of algae and your SLAM is not done.

In "theory" it should be impossible for you to pass the OCLT... :scratch:

What is your CYA and what is your FC???

Thanks,

Jim R.

F.c is 8.5 and holding without adding chlorine
C.c is <.5
Cya is less then 20ppm. Filled the sight glass dot was crystal clear.
water temp is 49 degrees
It’s a tf test kit. A year old

Well, something is not right.. Did you add anything to your pool recently? Like Floc, or Phos-free, or clarifier?

How old are the DE grids and have you soaked them in MA recently? That can damage them...

Just throwing out ideas at this point.

Maybe in passes the OCLT because the water is still so cold???

Calling @duraleigh .. Any ideas??

Thanks,

Jim R.

What model filter do you have?

Confirm you have added DE to the filter immediately after backwashing? How much DE do you add?

I have a starite system 3. 37 square foot. I added 3.7 pounds immediately after back wash. No other chemicals have been added or floc. Not sure of the age of grids but they are intact. I have not soaked the in M.A. the only thing that happened is some leave got into the water and sat all winter to the best of my knowledge they are all removed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.