CYA reading off the charts??? Maybe??

Probably a miscount of drops. You aren’t using anything other than liquid chlorine (bleach), right?

Good idea, follow the slam instructions to the letter, you probably have algae and keep killing it and you have to sweep up the dead algae. The slam will completely erraticate the algae and you won't have any more dead bodies

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I want to get in to make a whirlpool and get all that stuff that's on the bottom into the middle and vacuum it out through the waste.

LOL, that’s exactly what I did!

- - - Updated - - -

If that stuff on the bottom is algae will it begin to change colors as it dies?

And should I maintain a level higher then 24-FC during the slam to eradicate this algae problem I've had for almost 6 months

Since 24 is your SLAM level with your CYA at 60, that’s the FC you shoot for during your SLAM. Just keep testing and raising chlorine to 24, keeping pump going and brushing and vacuuming. This will eliminate your algae, promise! Don’t forget hidden algae traps like stairs, ladders, etc.

Just retested my CYA and it's over 70. I rushed that..... So now I'm draining more water. Did a whirlpool and got out so much of that gunk on the bottom. The bottom of the pool does not feel slimy.

Also after I refill it how long do I need to wait before I can retest my pH and cya and start this process over again??

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.