CYA R-0013 containers and mixing tube - Purple??

lawson23

May 11, 2018
Lexington, KY
I have a question.
I bought a new bottle of the R-0013 CYA reagent and I have been refilling the small bottles you get in the K2006 kit from Taylor. What is strange is the old bottles are turning purple along with the bottle I mix and clean out after every test. The large new bottle of the R-0013 CYA reagent purchased is not doing this.

What is causing this? I'm guessing there is no reason for concern.

OTPirate

Admin
In The Industry
Oct 2, 2013
Creedmoor, NC
I have not heard of the bottles turning purple with the R-0013 in them. The only thing that I can think of is that it is reacting to something. Do you have a pic?

lawson23

May 11, 2018
Lexington, KY
To note I do not wash out the drip bottles that I refill I just pull the cap off and refill. The other bottle and top which you can also see the purple I do actually wash that out after every use with city tap water.

lawson23

May 11, 2018
Lexington, KY
It is interesting that no one else seems to have this same experience. I have emailed Taylor and will update if and when they reply back. Thank you everyone for your help.

scottts

Gold Supporter
Nov 13, 2019
Gilbert, AZ
I do have purpling on the top of the CYA sample bottle in my K2006. But that's the only area. I assumed since I've spilt some of the DPD powder in my test box and it has gotten wet that some form of contamination occurred. I have refilled my small R-0013 bottles numerous times from the big R-0013 bottle in my TFT100 but have no purpling in them.