CYA Problem Testing

MannyT

Jun 15, 2017
Pembroke Pines, Florida
I have the Taylor k2006 test kit and I'm having trouble with the CYA testing. Every time I try to test the water I can't get it to be cloudy enough to make the black dot disappear, even though I took it to Pinch A Penny and they say its 60ppm. I know the pool store tests are not always the best as they are always trying to sell you chemicals (ex. my salt level is about 400ppm less than it says on my SWG and manually tested with the Taylor test kit). What could I be doing wrong?

I have the Taylor k2006 test kit and I'm having trouble with the CYA testing. Every time I try to test the water I can't get it to be cloudy enough to make the black dot disappear, even though I took it to Pinch A Penny and they say its 60ppm. I know the pool store tests are not always the best as they are always trying to sell you chemicals (ex. my salt level is about 400ppm less than it says on my SWG and manually tested with the Taylor test kit). What could I be doing wrong?
Same thing happens to me. I'm wondering if either I'm doing it wrong or i don't have enough cya. I'm looking forward to what others say.

Unless you are forgetting to add the CYA reagent then your test is not wrong. This is a great example of why we NEVER trust pool store test numbers.

How much CYA have you added to your pool?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.