CYA off the charts

Hello everyone. I'm a new IG pool owner, but I used TFP methods with my AG pool a few years ago with success. Pool was always sparkling. This new one is a bit of a challenge. I just moved in 5 days ago and had a bit of algae that I was feeling like I was getting under control with no reliable test kit available. Well, my refills for my test kit came today and I had to dilute my CYA sample twice to get a reading of 100! So x4, and now I'm looking at almost an 85 percent drain. I certainly don't want to do that, but we still have a good month or so of swimming weather here in North Texas and I can't keep putting in as much bleach as I have been. I'll go broke. So, what should I be shooting for? Any ideas? I also am still getting familiar with my equipment. I have an approximately 12000 gallon IG pebbled surface pool with 3 fountains, a Hayward swimclear cartridge filter, Hayward 2.2 hp pump motor and a Polaris PB4-60. There is also a pentair 320 chlorinator. My AG pool was way more straight forward, but I'm confident that I can get the hang of this one in time. Any advice would be appreciated.:)

Stacie

(Updating signature soon)

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

As I think you are aware, that 320 is what your CYA out of control.
Best option would be at least a 75% water replacement.
One way to do that is to fill at the bottom while also pumping off the top with a small submersible pump so the flows are similar. This will avoid exposing the finish to the heat and sun, but it will take more time and use more water. Have to leave the circulation off during that process.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.