Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Using clorx brand stabilizer.
I added 4 lbs a month ago. And tested 5 days later. 50ppm
6 weeks later it's back down to 20ppm. Had just one rainstorm. Is this normal?

Not unless you exchanged about 60% of your pool water in that time?

I know you FL folks get a LOT of rain, but *that* much?? I don't think so!

Hmmmm.... ? Add some more and monitor. CYA does degrade over time but *very* slowly.

Are you testing with the sun to your back, and the vial held waist high? Make sure you do it the same each time, and outside!

Maddie :flower:

If you have algae -- do this first.
Add enough liquid chlorine to get to 10ppm FC. Circulate pool for 15 minutes and test your FC and CC. Report the results here.
Do this before adding any more CYA.

Sorry. Got this just now. I added 1 gallon of liquid bleach 10% and raised the fc to 10ppm. I did this 2.5 hrs ago. I just checked it. It's at 10.5ppm tc 0. Cc 10.5

The stabilizer is in a sock hanging in the skimmer.

Do you have an autofill on your pool? Do you have an overflow drain?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I don't usually test stabilizer until it's been in the pool for a week but I did this morning. It is just at 70. I only added 4lbs. That would have raised it 35ppm. I'll test it again in a week.
My swg runs 15 hours at 40%. (Pool temp maintained at 89°) At that rate I was struggling to hold a 3.5ppm fc. And that was me adding a gallon of 10% bleach twice a week. The last gallon I added was Sunday 4pm. 36hours later my fc is 12ppm.
I've been scrubbing my entire pool two times a day to remove tiny specs of black algae so small I use a snorkel and wire brush to see them. I have no way to vac to waste but I vac every other day and clean the filter afterwards. I've seen no specs for 10 days. I know my cya is high for a slam so I will just maintain a 15ppm fc for 5 days to get rid of what's left of the plague.
If I'm headed in the right direction it's because of this form and the folks helping make me look good.

Thank you.
T.boglino

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.