CYA in winter for SWCG pool

Cyclist7531

Bronze Supporter
Jun 27, 2019
Central Valley California
Will be turning off my SWCG here in the next month. As far as CYA and FC levels do I then treat it as a non- SWCG pool? I will be exchanging some water at that time to bring my CH down which I think will impact my CYA, salt, etc. So, if it does bring them down and assuming the CYA is then more in line with a non-SWCG pool should I just go with that number and let it go until the spring when I will turn the SWCG on and then bring the CYA and salt back up to the recommended levels for a SWG pool?
Thanks

Yup.. pretty much. That combined with the winter rain will dilute your CYA and salt and CH. So just monitor the levels of each and chlorinate as a non SWG pool when the water gets cold enough to cause the SWG to stop producing. I don't worry about most of it until march or so. And I don't worry about resetting my salinity until the winter rains stop. You will find the everything really slows down in the winter, colder water, less light on the pool. But, don't let it sneak up on you in the spring when the algae starts waking up before the pool is ready to swim.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.