Bronze Supporter
Apr 16, 2019
Bremen, GA, 65 m west of Atlanta
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I couldn't find my sock or panty hose I've used for CYA in the past, so I measured the CYA into a vacuum filter bag and hung that in the pool. After about 2 hours I went to check on it and squeeze the bag.

To my surprise the CYA was fully saturated and I was able to squeeze it all out in about 5 minutes. It was cloudy white and dispersed quickly into the pool water. No lumps or granules in the bottom.

Did the CYA get dissolved well enough? Is this a new discovery? I tested my CYA and it's rock steady at 40 ppm. Should we incorporate this into our instructions?

There are many ways to dissolve the CYA. Most people have old socks. Few have filter bags. But sounds like it works well!

I have 2 girls and a Mrs but I wasn’t going to hear it that I used the wrong pair of stockings when somebody changed their mind after the fact so I used long sleeve T-shirt arms again. I needed 15 lbs so it would have been a bunch of socks.

Reactions: mhk.kohler
Old laundry bag that used to be for my wife’s bras for me (zipper is busted but I tie it off anyway to hang it from a pole in the return). :)

I have hair nets in my skimmers and added it that way. Just have to be careful and not add a lot at once but it held up well and kept the stabilizer from getting through
Should add I run my pump 24/7 and only pull in from the skimmers

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.