animous

May 26, 2020
Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Love the TPF methodology and looking to better put it into practice, I even paid for the app. CYA level is such a fundamental part of it, but unfortunately my local pool shop doesn't do CYA tests or carry test kits. I'm Canada. Luckily the R-0013 reagent is available online though!

BUT obtaining the $4 graduated tube is proving to be.. challenging. The only one I found is part of the Pentair R151226 79 Cyanuric Acid Test Kit. Would I be able to use that tube with R-0013 reagent, or would the scale not be compatible?

Alternatively, any tips on where to buy a tube? Yes, I'm aware of cross border service, but for such a low-price item it doesn't sound like a cost efficient idea.

Thank you!

Can I send one to you privately? Would that pass customs?

Thank you so much for offering! :) Yes, I'm quite confident it would pass customs. Sending you a PM to arrange details..

Does canada restrict this testing equipment or is there just no market for it so it's hard to come by?

I think the market would definitely be there if more people knew about TFP. There's plenty of pool owners in Canada, but 99% (made up stat for the convenience of my example :p) just buy what the pool store tells them to buy: a cycle of trichlore tabs, shock & algaecide, and partial drain + refill to break "chlorine lock". At my pool store, when I inquired about a cyanuric acid test kit, they wanted to sell me a pH test and I had to insist that wasn't it! ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.