Tampa FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
I’m slamming yet again as I was losing FC despite the water being crystal clean. So I did an OCLT and it failed on Tuesday night. I’m now ending day 3 of SLAM but the pool is still losing FC. Add to this so much rain at the moment - I’m going to have let some water out again. Just tested and CYA has dropped to 30. I had it at 50 a couple of weeks ago and it was 40 earlier this week before the SLAM. Do I add liquid conditioner now? Or lower my SLAM level? Help.

Just lower slam level- after you pass all 3 end of slam criteria you can raise cya. Remember, if cya reads inbetween two values- round up ⬆️ & chlorinate accordingly 😊

If you are absolutely sure you are at 30, use that to calculate SLAM level.

But, something is terribly wrong. To go from 50 to 30 CYA you would have had to have exchanged about 5,000 gallons of water? Do yuo have an autofill on the pool?

Reactions: Mdragger88
If you are absolutely sure you are at 30, use that to calculate SLAM level.

But, something is terribly wrong. To go from 50 to 30 CYA you would have had to have exchanged about 5,000 gallons of water? Do yuo have an autofill on the pool?
No I don’t. Maybe I was reading it wrong - I struggle with the CyA test as I just keep seeing the black dot. But it was between 40-50 on Wednesday and now it between 30-40. But closer to 30… So it hasn’t gone down 20 if that makes sense?

Just lower slam level- after you pass all 3 end of slam criteria you can raise cya. Remember, if cya reads inbetween two values- round up ⬆️ & chlorinate accordingly 😊
Yes maybe it’s actually 40. It was between 30 - 40. Thanks. I struggle with the CYA test.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.