Using a TF-100, I get the following results: FAC 9.5, CH 325, TA 100, CYA 150, PH 7.5. Obviously, my CYA is really high. I used the pool math calculator and it said i should drain 75% and refill to bring CYA down to 40. My pool is 22K gallons and I live in Dallas, TX.
- Does draining the pool to such a low level pose any structural risk to the pool?
- Any tricks to gauge how much water has drained on a pool with varying depth levels?
- While the water level is so low, should i perform any maintenance? ie scrub the walls, etc.
- Is it safe to use the chlorinated water from the pool to water the lawn and trees?
- Is it safe to completely drain the spa? I have a spa-spillover setup.