CYA and Puck Shortage?

The fire at the Lake Charles facility may limit availability from US manufacturers for a while but China is a major supplier also. I bought a big bag from Puritech a while back. Price is still the same which would indicate plenty of supply.

Chris

Stabilizer is much easier to control and cheaper when you buy it separately. I usually get it at local HD. They were out a week or two but had it last time I was there. Not sure about pool store.

Chris

I ordered some from amazon -- although I prefer to support local businesses, even if they're chains -- employees at least live here.
Well, the mailman and the UPS guy live here. Does that count? ;)

I buy my chlorine and acid from my local Leslies, so there's that. I don't believe in their pool care methods, but I still want them around. They have the freshest chlorine and the highest MA %, better than the Lowe's across the parking lot. So everybody gets a cut of my pool maintenance budget...

Reactions: HermanTX
I get my LC from a local Ace -- dry "stuff", I use a locally owned pool store -- I just have to deal with the eye rolls and the "That's a lot of X" comments -- whether it's the higher CYA or FC levels. I just smile and move on. At one point, I told them my pool was a 100K gallons, so they would stop asking me about it.

I use to order Pucks and Shock from intheswim but they started requiring a signature which is hard when your at work ..Missed one and had to drive to the FedEx warehouse 30 minutes away because they weren't allowed to store it at the local store !

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.