Dec 13, 2021
Port Orange, Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Looking for advise with the following.
New Plaster and tile completed 11/20/21 and still fighting PH levels every two or three days, using 8 to 16 ounces MA 31% to keep it in check. Is this normal? TA at 50.
Also I replaced a single stage 2hp with a Vgreen 2.7hp motor to my Hayward Super pump housing 12/21/21. I now have no flow (at low RPM'S) or a reduced water flow in my Hayward chlorinator. So my CYA seems to have dropped some with recent rains or its me incorrectly reading the CYA levels , I'm a newbie to Taylor K2006 testing.
I currently plan on keeping the inline chlorinator for backup vacation times. My goal is to use just LC soon. My cya is currently 35 and pool math is recommending adding dry stabilizer. Because i have plenty of 3" tabs on hand, is it ok to add a couple to the chlorinator and run the pump at a higher speed or should I purchase the dry stabilizer and add it? When the rainy season comes to Florida is pucks or dry stabilizer the way to go, we get a lots of water in short intervals ?

CYA - the back dot --I can just make it out at 40 gone at 30 ....so do i call it 35?

CYA - the back dot --I can just make it out at 40 gone at 30 ....so do i call it 35?
That is read as 40 CYA. Round up.

You can use the tablets if you like to add chlorine and CYA. Do realize they are acidic so monitor pH and TA.

You will need to run the pump at a higher RPM to erode the tablets. Easier is to add dry stabilizer using the sock method.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.