CYA and FC levels dropping g

Ashlynn1024

Jun 16, 2019
East Moline, IL
Last year I had zero problems with this but this year our CYA keeps drastically dropping and our FC levels keep quickly dropping as well.
Added CYA about a month ago to bring it up to 40. Just tested and I could still see black dot in the tube when it was full. Our FC levels are dropping drastically as well. We are brining it up to a target of 10 and the next day it will be 2 again. CCs are running at 0-.5, PH is 7.5 and water is clear. What could be making our CYA drop so much? We never had the issue last year.

Last year I had zero problems with this but this year our CYA keeps drastically dropping and our FC levels keep quickly dropping as well.
Added CYA about a month ago to bring it up to 40. Just tested and I could still see black dot in the tube when it was full. Our FC levels are dropping drastically as well. We are brining it up to a target of 10 and the next day it will be 2 again. CCs are running at 0-.5, PH is 7.5 and water is clear. What could be making our CYA drop so much? We never had the issue last year.
Check to see if you have ammonia in your water… I just face this problem This week and had to do a two day slam to raise the chlorine level and once the chlorine level was stabilized I had to add CYA to get my CYA back
hopefully finishing it tonight and will be back to normal tomorrow

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.