Massachusetts
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
So currently fighting algae with a buttload of shock, just finished my OCLT and I gained a small amount of chlorine. I know it’s possible to have some minor variations (due to drop sizes) in the tests, but is that something that could happen?

FC night 19 morning 20.5
CC .5 - 1
CYA was at 50 to start haven’t tested it in a few days.

I know if I don’t lose any overnight and my CC is at .5 then I’m done so I’m going to keep it for one more day just to be sure. I’d hate to have to start again. I’m almost out of shock.

Good morning! FC should not increase during the Overnight Chlorine Loss Test. If it does, it means one of the following:
- Chlorine was added after the first test; either manually or by the SWG if not off
- The first test was taken before any final (evening) chlorine added had the opportunity to mix well (at least 30 min)
- The pump was not on all night or was not on at least 30 minutes before taking the morning sample.
- Testing error; either by sample size, drops, various locations in the pool., or human error

Hopefully your water is crystal clear which is hwy you are doing the OCLT right?

Its alot of drops lol - especially early in the morning. just do it again tonight. Your fc should hold better today anyway so it shouldn’t be too much xtra chlorine the swg today to help maybe- just don’t forget to turn it off ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.