Curious about "What's new"

Fuldo

Silver Supporter
Nov 23, 2017
Port Orange, FL
Just curious about something. When going to "What's new", instead of showing a the full first page of threads it only shows ten followed by a "more" option. When picking "more" it lists the full page and duplicates the first ten, forcing the user to review the list again and find where they left-off. Is there a reason why it only shows ten instead of a whole page and why must it show the first ten again instead of the next group/page?

YippeeSkippy

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 17, 2012
Evans, Georgia
I just go to the "Forums" and then "New Posts" at the top of the page since it brings up anything posted since my last visit. Is that what you're looking to do?

Maddie :flower:

Reactions: Newdude

Fuldo

Silver Supporter
Nov 23, 2017
Port Orange, FL
I just go to the "Forums" and then "New Posts" at the top of the page since it brings up anything posted since my last visit. Is that what you're looking to do?

Maddie :flower:
Thanks Maddie. Yes, that's what I was trying to do. That's easier for me than using "What's new" the way it works now. Maybe "What's new" can and should be configured that way.

Leebo

Admin
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 21, 2011
Eastern Ohio
I can't quote exact details as it's been awhile since this question has came up, but I can explain the bulk of things to give you the idea.

What's new works on time. It show's the latest content over the last XYZ hours regardless if you've read it or not. It shows the threads twice as it's actually a totally different search the "View More" option shows.

The New Posts option shows only posts that are NEW TO YOU. Once you've viewed it once it won't show again. It shows all new content since the last time you were online regardless how long that was.