Curious About Robotic Solar Power Skimmers

simo711

Bronze Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Macon, GA
Hey everyone! I've been a longtime lurker and finally pulled the trigger to have a pool installed. It's being finished in a few weeks and I'm simply doing research before diving into buying a skimmer. I've read about the SkimKing, the Solar Breeze NX, and the Skimdevil CAMIO SX15 but I'd love to know more about these units from people who actually have them. Does anyone have any feedback or input they'd like to provide about these different robotic solar powered skimmers?

Thanks friends!

Yip, the skimmer is something I want to add but it isn't being added into my build. It's just an accessory I've been thinking about buying to keep my pool clean. I'm 110% new at this and have read more than I need to...I just want to get as much time out of my pool without having to worry about cleaning it (or having a company clean it).

My pool is somewhat close to a 60 foot tree and I have a strong feeling those leaves will be blowing into the pool. I have placed an order for a solar cover with the roller and think this might help a bit over night. Being new...I'm just not sure.

Robots will collect schmutz from the bottom and brush the walls and waterline, but won't collect anything floating on the surface like a skimmer does.

Why isn't your new pool build including a skimmer again??

So the answer to your question is No, a robot and skimmer are not overkill. They work on different areas.

Yip :flower:

I think there is a misunderstanding. Your pool will have a normal in the wall skimmer right?

You are just asking about adding one of the solar powered ones to aid in keeping the surface clean, right?

Usually the normal pool skimmer will keep things clean, but honestly right now I wish I had something running around on the surface as there is a TON of palm tree flowers all over it.

Sorry for the confusion...I have two wall skimmers. I was thinking about adding the solar powered ones and a robot. These two are not included in the build because I thought I'd get a better deal from an online site versus my local store...I only have 2 and they're pretty pricey.

my solar breeze works great for stuff that floats or stuff that at least takes a while to sink. its battery capacity seems to be holding up fine for now (one year old). the mfg says the batteries probably will need to be replaced every two years or so if used year round. it will occasionally get hung up on waterfall rock but eventually shifts in reverse and goes on to another section of the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.