Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Whats more important. Your CSI or PH level?

Using pool math, I see that the PH has a significant value to what your CSI ends up being. Based on my chemical levels, my PH needs to be between 7.6 and 7.8 to have a CSI of -.15 to +.03

Frank, in almost all cases we will recommend sticking to the TFP Recommended Levels first,,, and the CSI will work itself out. In some cases, CSI becomes a bit more of a priority, but if you maintain good levels across the board, you should be fine. But you are correct, pH creates the largest and quickest swing of CSI.

Last edited:
Frank, in almost all cases we will recommend sticking to the FP Recommended Levels first,,, and the CSI will work itself out. In some cases, CSI becomes a bit more of a priority, but if you maintain good levels across the board, you should be fine. But you are correct, pH creates the largest and quickest swing of CSI.

Whats the "FP Levels?"
I was finally able to get my Alk down to 70. Thats after (2) 65 oz doses of acid .

Now Im at
FC 6
PH 7.2
ALK 70
CYA 80
Hardness 500
Salt 3400
This gives me a CSI of -.51 :eek: But when I change my PH to 7.6-7.8, the CSI goes up to -.15 to +.03

Sorry, I left the "T" off (TFP). :)

Yeah, there's no reason to have the pH so low unless you are starting a SLAM. Let the pH rise to about 7.6 or so and you'll be in good shape.

In one of my other threads with high ALK, I was told to do a heavy dose of acid to bring the alk down. small doses dont have the same effect as one BIG one. I need to run my bubblers to aerate the pool and let the ph climb. Ive always let the ph get to 7.8-8.0 before I knocked it down to 7.4. But with these new numbers, I need to stay no lower than 7.6.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.