crystal pure salt cell

Jnet

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Mar 15, 2017
Chicago/Northwest, IL
Hi,

thanks for the wonderful advice earlier about getting my pool back to blue after it went green on me. Now I'm wrestling with the salt cells. Purchased a new one since ours was about three years old and got it installed, but it appears the cell and control board are not talking to each other and the local pool shop made that determination and I'm not sure they know exactly what they've got here since my husband always cared for the pool and salt pools are not common in the Chicago area. My husband has become to ill to manage pool at all so I'm managing the pool--and I have to tell you it's not been a pretty summer--although I do know how to add shock, muriatic acid, stabilizer...now it's just wrestling with the SWG that doesn't seem to be communicating? Before I buy a new control board--any troubleshooting or advice? Thank you so much! Lisa

Here's what I have: Crystal Pure 3.0 Replacement Cell 60,000 Gallon PL7713

Post pics of your SWG control panel and cell.

What tells you that the cell and control board are not talking to each other?

Reactions: Mdragger88
Hi,

I had Arvidson Pool (local company) come by and their tech believed they were not talking to each other. I was in the middle of my husband's care and their appointment was not ideal timing--but not easy to get them out to me.

thoughts?
Thanks!
Lisa
Post pics of your SWG control panel and cell.

What tells you that the cell and control board are not talking to each other?

Attachments

• image_67187713.JPG
    image_67187713.JPG
    357.5 KB · Views: 28
  • image_67227649.JPG
    image_67227649.JPG
    600.1 KB · Views: 4
Hi,

I had Arvidson Pool (local company) come by and their tech believed they were not talking to each other. I was in the middle of my husband's care and their appointment was not ideal timing--but not easy to get them out to me.

thoughts?
Thanks!
Lisa

You have the POWER and GENERATING lights on with no error lights.

It sure looks like the SWG is generating chlorine to me.

What makes you think it is not working?

image_67187713-jpg.450829

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.