Crack / hole in pool expansion joint - how to repair?

anthonypool89

Gold Supporter
Aug 26, 2016
Berks County, PA
I'm referring to the (assumedly)plastic dividers that run perpendicular to the coping and are all along the deck (one of which can be seen on my avatar). One of mine has a small, 1/4" (or so) hole in the top. From some quick research, it appears that these things have caps over them and so can be replaced with new caps? This is such a small area, my first thought was just to fill it in with caulking (?) Another related question...what exactly is beneath the capping, i.e. when the deck is first put in and these are installed, is it some sort of track over which fits a cap? I'd have to look back at my construction pictures from '89 since I don't recall the details on it.

I had a broken section on mine. Hard plastic. It was the perfect place to run a bond wire through to bond my ladder. Anyway, i ran it through then just used some caulk to fill it, then painted over w deck stain to match.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.