Raleigh, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I'm having issues connecting my Coverstar Touchpad to my wifi. I've read through the thread here. I have great wifi reception and I've tried every option but WPS (who even has that anymore?). I noticed while scrolling through the IP Information is says WIFI FW: 0.00. Um, did they forget to install the firmware on the wi-fi chip?

@gingrbredman I see in one of your posts from 2020 that your firmware was 7.52. Is that correct?
@tron, @nopain00 - what firmware do you have?

Yes, that was my picture and firmware.

Just want to be sure, you did already reach out to Coverstar to have your MAC address added to their database first?

FWIW, I had one of those and the only way I could get it to connect was by creating a separate SSID with open/no security. I tried everything and then finally just gave up and left it open, and segregated it in the firewall from everything else.

Yes, that was my picture and firmware.

Just want to be sure, you did already reach out to Coverstar to have your MAC address added to their database first?
I've reached out to them yes. That shouldn't impact me being able to connect it to wifi. The touchpad has no means to communicate with Coverstar without being connected to wifi.

I've reached out to them yes. That shouldn't impact me being able to connect it to wifi. The touchpad has no means to communicate with Coverstar without being connected to wifi.
I have seen crazier things with this coverstar WiFi, and have seen if you did not have the MAC address added to the Coverstar database, even before you begin to connect to WiFi, there will be problems.

The logic of all that is the coverstar WiFi keypad doesnt make sense, but had to ask as a lot of people didnt do that first and then couldnt connect.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.