Mopar4u

May 24, 2021
Wisconsin
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Im in wisconsin and prepping for pool closing once the water is cold enough, which isnt too far down the road.

i have this intex 18’ pool
Intex 28253EH 18ft x 48in Metal Frame Outdoor Above Ground Swimming Pool Set with with Filter Pump, Ladder, Ground Cloth and Pool Cover https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073FPL13...abc_Q3D3G98DTV0G0RJSME3S?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

is the cover that came with it intended for winter closing? If not is there a recommended winter pool cover and pillow to use for winter closing?
Closing process seems straight forward: clean, bring to slam level 24hrs with pump on, shut down and drain below lowest port, bring pump, hoses and filter inside. Lastly get the snowmobiles out and ready👍😀

That’s a personal decision up to you. One way or the other you will need to drain when it’s not frozen. The only question is which side of the cover will you be draining.

I liked the mesh because it didn’t leave stagnant leafy tea water on top. But really fine silt /dust got through mine and I had to vacuum it a few times in the spring.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.