Couple of questions .. second year opening

That glare looks like cloudiness to me… you gonna have to post more pictures to prove wrong :p

Jokes aside. In the picture it does look a little cloudy, but it could be just the glare. Other than that is is looking nice.

I see you have one of those aeration devices on a return. How do you like it?
yea there are two of them on on each side of the steps. They are a PIA wth the airation tube sometimes but mostly not bad. and yes there is a major glare . i can see th wrinkles in line on deep end next tothe drain ( old liner) maybe ill grab a better pic haha

That glare looks like cloudiness to me… you gonna have to post more pictures to prove wrong :p

Jokes aside. In the picture it does look a little cloudy, but it could be just the glare. Other than that is is looking nice.

I see you have one of those aeration devices on a return. How do you like it?
im a horrible photographer

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    379.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: AK-
I still think there's some cloudiness in the pool. If you notice, you can't see the bottom step clearly or the top of the main drain clearly. You can see what I mean in any of the How TFP Clear Is Your Pool? thread. I think you should do an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test just to make sure you don't have any hidden algae lurking and working away in there.

Reactions: Cmurra6745
I still think there's some cloudiness in the pool. If you notice, you can't see the bottom step clearly or the top of the main drain clearly. You can see what I mean in any of the How TFP Clear Is Your Pool? thread. I think you should do an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test just to make sure you don't have any hidden algae lurking and working away in there.
Thanks for the advice . Its def the pics though in person its invisible but im headed out now
To test to see where chlorine
Is at

View attachment 411591View attachment 411592
This is this am no sun glare yet .. yes its dirty .. big storm last night
Looks mostly clear. On the deep end, by the drain uh it seems just a little cloudy, but could either the picture or a visual effect of the liner on the picture.

I hate taking pictures of my pool.. my pictures never look like the water im seeing.

Looks mostly clear. On the deep end, by the drain uh it seems just a little cloudy, but could either the picture or a visual effect of the liner on the picture.

I hate taking pictures of my pool.. my pictures never look like the water im seeing.
Its pretty bleached out its an old liner .. clear enough wish i could get it to stay that way over the winter

It is improving:)

In MA your water is probably still below 60F, so your chlorine tends to be more stable. Sunlight and nasties are still going to eat some, but daily loss is not going to be as much as in summer.

CYA does drop slowly every month. Every pool is different and the amount of CYA a pool loses during winter cannot be guessed. My pool lost only 10ppm (plus refill) over winter. Some pools lose 30-50ppm. To many factor can impact your CYA.

BTW the difference between the K-2006 and the K-2006C is the size of each reagent bottle. Same tests. The TF-100 uses repackaged Taylor reagents what makes it much more affordable.
I'm in Hudson, NY. My CYA at opening was at 0, now up to 55 with adding of dry stabilizer. FC is at 4. Since the pool is covered due to storms I assume this reading is acceptable.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm in Hudson, NY. My CYA at opening was at 0, now up to 55 with adding of dry stabilizer. FC is at 4. Since the pool is covered due to storms I assume this reading is acceptable.

What are you using for testing? With TF-100/K-2006 there is no 55 CYA.

When do you close it?
Do you close at SLAM level?
I close like first week of october but used a company last two years .. i dont trust myself
Blowing out lines.. usually when i close its clear but they juat dump whatever Crud in there .. this year ill balance its and cover it myself just have them blow
Out lines .. UNLESS there is a thread where someone can show me how to do it myself when the time comes which i may do .. i have a 5 hp shop vac .. one bottom main drain and one skimmer 5 returns shouldnt be too bad just dont want to crack pipes

If you manage just the chemicals and close at SLAM levels your opening should be smooth.
Some folks may elect to add some Polyquat 60 at closing to help prevent opening to a green pool, but I believe most pools don’t need it.

I’m not sure how to blow the water lines on a pool. I do blow my own lawn sprinklers with a compressor… not sure if pools are the same. Hopefully someone will be able to help you out with that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.