Could someone tell me the difference between StoneScapes Aqua White Mini and Aqua White Small?

dmk10211

Jun 21, 2022
Galveston, TX
Could someone tell me the difference between StoneScapes Aqua White Mini and Aqua White Small? Is it just the Puerto Rico blend or that and the size of the stones? I want that blue/turquoise (no green) look in a smaller pool with a ledge and about 6 ft deep in direct Texas sun.
I had Pebble Tech and the surface was totally fine for me. I was thinking of doing it again, but more color options in the StoneScapes. Thank you so much!

I’ve never heard of small. We have Stonescapes aqua white micro with Puerto Rico blend. Our glass beads are bigger than our pebble. I’m ok with that because I can see them better. You can see the color of our water in my picture.

We just did the Aqua White Small Puerto Rico Blend. It is just beautiful in the sun. Opted to skip the abalone shells because of potential deterioration over time. Feels great on the feet, too.
Did your builder /plasterer follow the NPT batch recipe formula and Mix add required bags into the mix, or did you have a 2 or 3 bags hand casted at the end? Were I at in socal, half have wanted to hand cast saying with save me money & look just as good. But NPT says if all bags are not in the mix & follow the Recipe, your NPT warranty is void. Standard Mini Pebble formula does not use Lobo Modifier, so they will not warranty. Modifier acts as adhesion. Also all colors other than Aqua White require 2 bags per batch, yet Aqua white is offered in 1,2,or 3 bag per patch Recipe. NPT recommended however if go with Aqua White to go with 3 bag formula because 2 bag can show Mottling.

We were originally quoted PolishedScapes which we wanted (smooth) but then they said they didn't feel comfortable offering. But now 3 bags Aqua White Puerto Rico is going to cost $1500 more than PolishedScapes which included the labor for Polishing. PolishedScapes is pre blended and has 25% glass already included. MINI Pebble with Puerto Rico is components and they want to charge $250 x 15 bags = $3750 just for the glass on top of the Mini Pebble. Seems crazy that Puerto Rico Mini 3 bags is going to cost more than PolishedScapes and I cant find any other Pool Plasterer that is willing to do it

Reactions: dsmrph
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.