Cost of glass beads and abalone

t44

May 5, 2017
Austin
Hello Everyone,

I have read every thread I can find on glass bead and abalone pricing and am concerned I am being overcharged.

Our pool is 900 sq feet internal area. We have chosen PebbleSheen Blue Surf.

We wanted to add glass bead, our pool builder quoted $200 per bag. They are recommending 2 bags of glass per batch. Expecting 7 batches, so 14 bags of glass mixed in, quote is $2800.

This is much higher than I've seen anyone here quoted per bag or as a total for their pool.

Does this seem right? Recommendations?

The builder is also offering to cast spread 2-3 bags on at the end and not mix in for a lower cost.

Our pool builder is quoting $100 per bag abalone if we want to do that instead. From other posts it looked like abalone is typically more expensive?

Seems high to me, but I am not an expert. I am doing an owner build and my plasterer (hope thats a word) quoted me around $800 total to add 100lbs of Bead to every batch of pebblesheen. My internal surface area is 855 Sq. Ft.

The PB could be marking up the plaster subs cost to make more $$$.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.