Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-20
These are the corners of my pool where the vinyl liner bracket meets and where the liner is attached to. It looked fine to me in the beginning, but after seeing other pools, theirs looks cleaner than mine. And mine looks sloppy and unfinished.

What’s worse is the 2nd pic is a corner step and after a few jumps, water gets behind and my first step liner starts to float. It eventually goes away after a day, but annoying to see. Is it ok to seal the hole to limit the water coming in?

Thoughts?4F9C1384-BB88-4FF1-A2F0-226F5CCE8FB8.jpeg3A696658-836D-41A1-9339-CD60D1B3773E.jpegimage.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There is damage to the bead track in two of the pictures that makes it even harder to conform with the 90 degree corner. Straightening the track damage, if possible would help the situation but the liner bead can't make a 90 degree bend. At this point sealing up the void as you suggested would be the first priority.

There is damage to the bead track in two of the pictures that makes it even harder to conform with the 90 degree corner. Straightening the track damage, if possible would help the situation but the liner bead can't make a 90 degree bend. At this point sealing up the void as you suggested would be the first priority.
What would you recommend I do to seal the corners? Clear caulking? Would like to make sure it looks presentable as well. Thanks.

A clear caulk would be an option. You don't want something in there that is too permanent, making it difficult when replacing the liner.

Reactions: rich6429
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.